The studio will be open 15 minutes before the first scheduled class for the day.
Parents – please do not leave the studio until the class has started.
Abigail Francisco School of Classical Ballet will not be responsible for any accident or injury resulting from participation in dance. This includes activities with the dance studio, or in other places designated by the School.
AFSCB cannot be responsible for lost or stolen personal belongings. Do not bring valuables to the school.
Pets are not allowed in the studio building.
Billing & Financial
- There are four tuition payments per year. Payments are due on the 11th of September, November, January and March.
- A grace period of 5 consecutive days will be honored. Payments received after that 5 day grace period will result in a $25 late fee. If your payment is not received after the grace period, the student may not participate in class.
- Students will be allowed to return to class after full payment and late fee is received.
- There will be a $30 service charge payable to the studio and any related bank fees for every returned check; All future payments have to be made by cash, credit card or money order.
- Payments by check or money order can be made by mail or dropped in our payment box at the front office.
- Cash, and Credit Card payments must be made online or during office hours. Please do not leave payments at the door; nor at the residence of staff members. Do not push payments under the studio door. Teachers cannot accept payments.
- Tuition is based on a 9 month program (September through May).
- Tuition is due regardless of class attendance or holiday schedule. Invoices will not be sent via USPS or email unless the account is late. Accounts must be current in order for students to participate in classes.
Please be prompt in picking up students after class. A fee of $10 will be charged for every 15 minutes after class dismissal that your child remains at the studio. Students are not allowed to leave the studio between or after class until a parent arrives to pick them up. If pick-up policy is to be waived, parents must have written authorization on file at the studio. Students aged 16 & older will be allowed to leave the building without an adult or written authorization.
Regular class attendance is a must to achieve satisfactory results in dance. Students are asked to be prompt for classes. If a student must leave early, please inform the teacher before class begins. A student arriving later than 10 minutes after class begins will not be allowed to participate in class.
Absences & Make-up Classes
Absences resulting from injury or illness will be excused and may be made up in regularly scheduled classes within two weeks of return. Classes missed for holidays will not be able to be made up. The student must give the teacher a make up slip upon entering the make up class. Slips are available on the bulletin board or at the front office.
Weather Related Class Cancellations
Weather related cancellations will be determined by the Calvert County Public School system. Students have 2 weeks to make up classes cancelled due to weather. The make up class must be at the student’s level or lower. If after school activities only are canceled, check our Facebook page and your email to see if classes are still being held. Holidays and breaks are determined by the Artistic Director, not by the CCPS schedule. When in doubt, please check our calendar for a full list of studio closure dates, breaks and holidays.
Discipline and Student Behavior
- No chewing gum is allowed in the classroom; no running, playing, loud talking or eating in the studio and waiting area.
- Cell phones must be turned off in the dressing room. Cell phones are not allowed to be used during water breaks unless you have an emergency. If a student is caught using their cell phone during class time, their phone will be confiscated and a parent will be required to collect the phone at the end of class.
- Students are not permitted outside the studio without adult supervision.
- Each class will start promptly and there will be no interruptions.
- All dancers should use the bathroom before class.
If a child displays an uncooperative attitude (shown in any manner), she/he will be excused from class and the parents will be contacted.
Right to Refuse Policy: Abigail Francisco School of Classical Ballet reserves the right to suspend, dismiss, or refuse services to any student, parent, guardian or individual whose attitude or behavior conflicts with the standards of AFSCB or whose actions are deemed detrimental to others or the school as a whole.
AFSCB maintains a zero tolerance policy towards tobacco, drugs and alcohol.
Newsletters/Spring Production Information/Forms/Rehearsals
All newsletters, Spring Production information, forms, and rehearsal schedules will be available on our website. They will also be posted in our lobby and dressing rooms for your convenience.
Private classes are scheduled at the office and subject to teacher and studio availability. Payment is due at the time of the reservation. Rescheduling must be made at least 48 hours prior to the originally scheduled appointment. No refund will be given if you fail to reschedule within the appropriate time frame.
The studio offers several weeks of dance classes for beginners and intermediate students. Information about classes will be posted on our website, as well as in the lobby.
Tuition and all other fees are non-refundable and non-transferable; these include but are not limited to: tuition, master classes, costume fees, production fees, ensemble fees, summer programs, summer classes, tickets and school sponsored events. If a student is dismissed from Abigail Francisco School of Classical Ballet because of unacceptable behavior, no refunds will be given. In the case of prolonged illness or severe injury, verification by a doctor’s certificate will be needed. Each case will be evaluated individually by the Artistic Director.
All parents and visitors must remain in the studio lobby. Staff and Students are the only people allowed beyond the waiting room. Observation classes will be during the months of January and February. The class observation schedule will be posted on the website and in the main lobby. We encourage students and parents from the other levels to observe Vaganova II, III & IV classes.
Parents of Pre Ballet I students: You must remain in the school lobby during class time.
If you would like to arrange a conference with the Artistic Director or a teacher, please inquire at the front desk. Spontaneous conferences with teachers when parents come to pick up students infringe on class time. Please call or email to arrange a conference.
There is a 2-hour parking limit in the Town of North Beach. Please adhere to North Beach parking rules. Please be sure not to park in any parking area marked “residential” or in the condo parking lot. Plenty of parking is available on Bay Avenue, Chesapeake Avenue and the Senior Center on Chesapeake Avenue. A limited number of visitor parking is available on 3rd Street. Please do not block any driveways.
Studio rental is available upon request. All requests should be brought to the attention of the School Administrator.